Via Cedric Beust, circa 2003. Aims to be easy to memorize (few small moves).
Cube handling notes:
- The cube has three pairs of opposite faces: Top/Bottom, Front/Back, Left/Right. Reorient as needed.
- Move syntax uses one letter to reference a side, and optional direction marker. For example,
Trotates the top face clockwise,
The solve, first few steps left as an exercise to the reader:
- Pick a colour to start, this is Top.
- Solve top edges.
- Solve 3 top corners.
- Solve 3 middle edges, using the remaining top corner as a “working” column.
- Solve 4th top corner.
- Flip the cube, original colour is now Bottom.
- Finish middle layer. Align last cube to match front colour and then:
Move top front to right front
URU'R' U'F'UFMove top front to left front
- Orient top edges.
Flip front + right:
FUR U'R'F'Flip front + back:
- Position top edges. Rotate top to try and match two, then,
Swap left + back:
- Position top corners. Sequence leaves back left untouched.
Swap front left -> front right -> back right:
- Orient top corners. Keep the cube positioned with a consistent side as front, repeat sequence until oriented and then rotate top layer only to bring a different corner to front-right. Parity will fix the rest of the cube when you’re done.
Rotate front right: