Organizing some 3d printed trays for Root to fit both expansions in the main box.
Core box internals are 275x200mm, ~66mm depth. With the Otter card offer off on the long side of the box (sadly won’t fit across a short edge, I’m totally considering trimming it a few mm), I can fit two rows of 95mm trays.
As to depth, faction boards/rules 20mm, single map 17mm, and 25mm-deep trays will actually fit everything inside.
- Baseline 95mm long, 25mm deep, varying width as follows:
- Cats - 60mm *
- Birds - 40mm
- Mice - 35mm
- Vagabond - 40mm, better if bigger + has more dividers, also needs 8.5mm of cards
- Lizard - 55mm
- Otter - 35mm
- Crow - 35mm
- Mole - 55mm (or 70mm incl. cards, 27mm height) (5.5mm of cards)
- Resin Clearing Markers - 90mm max
- Exile Deck + Eyrie + Faction Overviews - 70mm
- Shop Items
- Tunnels - 102mm, awkward.
- Alt. Exile Deck - 70mm
- Layout (275mm width x 2 rows of 95mm):
- 275mm: Exile Deck, Cats, Birds, Mice, Otter, Crow
- 270mm: Vagabond+Cards, Lizard, Mole, Clearing
- Maybe could bump clearing another 5mm and squeeze in dice/shop around them? Also possible to flex on height? Still leaves tower/raft unaccounted for, and tunnels with nowhere to live.
- Tunnels sideways need 30.2mm (so 31mm total height on trays) which would free up a lot of space restrictions. 35mm height would I think let us get clearing markers vertically. Yellow/red fit a 55mm tray but want a 45/50mm subdivision. Orange with a 35/60mm subdivision leaves plenty of room for dice/shop/tower/raft. That only bumps up overall width from current resin measure +20mm. Tunnels still an awkward item for inside a tray.
Baseline 95mm long, 35mm deep, 2x 275mm rows
Overall 3x25, 3x35, 3x45 for factions+resin, 105, 70, 20? for remaining components. Still need to account for vagabond cards.
- Row 1, 270mm
- Exile Deck + Eyrie + Faction Overviews - 70mm, could print 75mm and include shop items?
- Cats - 45mm
- Mole - 45mm
- Birds - 35mm
- Mice - 25mm
- Otter - 25mm
- Crow - 25mm
- Row 2, 255mm
- Resin Clearing Markers - 45mm (!!!)
- Lizard - 35mm
- Vagabond - 25mm, but 35mm with a divider is better - 40mm for 9x figs, nesting trays for 12 ruin/16 start/16 influence (or maybe look into actual use, and one tray for 1 Vaga, with a lower tray for a 2 Vaga game?). Divider only needs to go part way, and then nesting tray can sit atop it.
- Alt. Exile Deck -
70mm105mm TODO: Test this
- Tunnels on top
- Extra Dice in extra 35mm
- Spare 20mm? TODO: Test this
- Shop Items
- Print alternate trays at 35mm height, re-measure factions?
- Figure out where subdivisions make sense inside trays? Separate the warriors/tokens maybe?
- Measure up what impact we’d have putting the tunnel tokens alongside the edge of the box, beside the Otter’s card holder, if we need to shrink tray lengths.
- 4 Dice
- 12 Items (sq)
- 1 Ferry
- 1 Tower
- 6 Closed Paths
Buildings/Tokens 10.6/5mm thick All factions: 1 VP token (18.3mm sq)
Marquise de Cat
- 25 Warriors (9mm, 16.7mm, 22mm)
- 18 Buildings (18.3mm sq)
- 9 Tokens (20.2mm round)
- 20 Warriors (9mm, 18.1mm, 22mm)
- 7 Buildings
- 10 Warriors (9mm, 19.5mm, 19mm)
- 3 Buildings (18.3mm sq)
- 10 Tokens (20.2mm round)
- 9 Vagabond Pawns (var.)
- 17 S items (sq)
- 8 R items (sq)
- 12 (14) Relationships (sq)
- 4 Ruins
- Many cards
- 25 Warriors (8.3mm, 17.5mm, 19.5mm)
- 16 Buildings
- 15 Warriors (7.9mm, 16mm, 20mm)
- 9 Tokens
- 3 gems
- 15 Warriors (9.2mm, 16.8mm, 19.2mm)
- 8 Tokens
- 20 Warriors (8.9, 18.9, 18.8)
- 9 Crowns (9, 11.1, 13.6)
- 6 Buildings
- 3 Tokens
- 9 Cards
- 1 The Burrow