TODO: Make a blog post out of this.
A shout-out to some gems/tools that have a well-deserved place in my Rails toolbox.
- Pagy (ActiveRecord pagination, focused on performance)
- Pry (debugger)
- Rbspy (sampling profiler) [Rust]
- rack-mini-profiler, flamegraph, stackprof, memory_profiler (performance analysis tooling) - (reference custom instrumentation)
- rubocop / rufo
- Fivemat (rspec/cucumber formatter, progress but one line per file)
- d3js (chart-buildling library) [JS]
- Bullet (detects N+1 queries) - Compare to newcomer prosopite
- Insomnia (HTTP api tool)
- HTTP.rb (compare Typhoeus, others as a blog post?)
And some TODOs that I want to try out.
- api_struct for writing API clients, as a step up from my usual bit of raw httprb and JSON->hash data bags on the response.